Wednesday 18 February 2009

Everything you never wanted to know

My profile picture - a sunrise taken a couple of years ago out of my old bedroom window


THE BACKGROUND

Hello and welcome to Living with a Boy. This is just a brief introduction to me and the blog and the main players so that if you’re new here, you’re not totally confused by my ramblings.

I began Living with a Boy out of fear. I was on the cusp of moving in with a boyfriend for the very first time and the idea quite frankly filled me with terror. I knew that I needed an outlet, somewhere for me to go and pour out my worries, fears, annoyances and joys. I was no stranger to the blog-world and this was to be my third attempt at having a blog – the path has been fraught as this post reveals.

The boyfriend does not know about this blog (for reasons explained in the link above), he knows that there is a blog but doesn’t know that he was the reason I started it or that he features in it.

Turns out that living with a boy wasn’t as hard as I’d anticipated. So the blog has become, for want of a better word, random. It’s about anything and everything – the tags on the right hand side should give you a little indication of the things I’ve ended up writing about.

FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW

I was born and currently live in Hull. But my heart lies where I went to university in Manchester.

I Love. Crisps. Can’t get enough of them. I couldn’t even play favourites, I just like them all generally.

I like cleaning too. Maybe a little too much as it has caused me injury. The boyfriend attempts to join in but frequently gets it wrong.

PLAYERS IN THE BLOG

The Boyfriend - Obviously. We’ve been together since June 2008 – want to know how we got together? Go here. He works as a big bad solicitor and commutes to Sheffield every day.

The Visitors – a.k.a. Fred and Lily. My Mum’s cats. They come and stay with us whenever she goes away anywhere. I love them to little tiny bits and pieces of fluff. I would love to have my own cat but we’re not allowed pets in the rented flat (Fred and Lily are snuck in each time). These guys are a frequent source of amusment for me and probably make up a large percentage of my blog posts (click on The Visitors tag for a whole load of feline fun).

The Americans – a.k.a. American Boy and American Girl. My best friend lives in America. I met her (and her boyfriend) when we all lived together in Manchester when we were studying for our Masters degrees. Since leaving Manchester I’ve been over to see them once and they made a recent journey here. I frequently sulk that America and England are so far apart. It’s really ridiculous.

Stitch & Bitch - I am a geek and enjoy a nice bit of cross-stitching, although I’m told I should no longer be ashamed of my geekiness as apparently all things crafty are cool again. Something I witnessed for myself when I was asked if I wanted to join a group of girls for a Stitch and Bitch group. This is as far as my creativity runs however, although I am now attempting to learn how to crochet.

1 comment:

RB said...

It's so nice to have an introduction to a blogger and her blog! Makes it much easier to understand what's going on when wandering in here for the first time. Lovely!