Monday 7 September 2009

My very first award

I got some rather exciting news at the end of last week. I had been given a Blog Award!! For ages now, whilst I've been trawling through blogs and having a nosy, I've seen these awards and hoped and wished that I would one day get one for myself.

And The Curious Cat answered my hopes and wishes!!

I have been awarded the Honest Scrap award. And proudly shall I display it.

Now apparently I've got to pass the award on to 10 other bloggers and then share 10 things that no-one else knows.

However I have a little problem in that I don't have 10 other people that I can pass it on to! Although I'm getting in to the swing of writing the blog, I'm not so good at going through the blogs and finding ones that I want to read. The blogs that I do really like I have mostly found through The Curious Cat and damn her, she's got their first and already awarded it to them!

So I'm going to hang on to this one for a little while until I've found more people to pass it on to.

I won't be a total kill joy though and I have had a go at sharing 10 things that no-one else knows with you....

1. I get scared that cheating on your partner is hereditary in my family
2. I wish I had a better relationship with my father but am resigned to the fact that I won't
3. I care what other people think of me far too much
4. I get annoyed that no-one in my family takes me seriously
5. I wish I was in contact with more people from my school days
6. I worry that I'm turning into my mother
7. I would love to have children and would like to have them as soon as possible but I am absolutely terrified of the responsibility
8. If money was no object I'd jack it all in and just spend the rest of my life at university, learning stuff (first on the list will be a history degree)
9. I hate making an effort with my appearance but then beat myself up for not looking as nice as everyone-else
10. I worry that I'm not doing enough with my life

I hope that makes it ok that I haven't passed it on to anybody yet!
I would like to just say thank you to The Curious Cat - she's pretty much my only regular reader and she makes me feel loved out here in the big ol' blogosphere. She is a very cool lady who lives in the big smoke but is not all horrible and nasty and 'London-like', she is warm and intelligent and has a wonderful way with words, as well as an excellent outlook on life and I hope she continues to blog when she eventually goes off on her travels!

4 comments:

Flitterbee said...

*comes out of the lurky woodwork*

I read regulary, I like what you write, even have you linked on my blog :D

As for those 10 things...well, about 70% of them could be used to describe 70% of people (...well, girls) I know, so I guess that ole cliché follows..you're not alone, eh?

Flix

The Curious Cat said...

Aw...thanks - such a sweet entry! :) I don't know what to say! It is good to spread the love! I am a bit of a blog addict and spend too much time trawling through other people's blogs and writing when I really should be doing other things - my boyfriend teases me constantly about it! I often find other blogs by looking at people's favourite's list and if something looks remotely good I add it to the blog roll for further inspection.

In response to your ten comments - interesting! I worry about the cheating thing - my thinking is, if it has happened in the family, that kind of sets the example that it is okay to do it, but it isn't. Still, I'm not sure we're all meant to be monogamous...it is a difficult one. Still, I learnt the hardway with that lesson...better I say no more!

As for turning into our mothers...I think we all do a little! Eek!

And the money no issue comment -snap! I'd just spend my time learning. I'd get really good at knitting, painting, writing, pottery, sewing, baking, counselling, graphic design, spanish, history, etc etc! I love learning!

Also, if you worry about not doing enough with your life that is a good start - you are thinking about it so you will be focussed on ensuring that you do do things! xxx

Diane said...

I also consider myself to be a regular and I love your blog. I will pick this up, but it'll have to be next week if thats ok (remind me if I forget - I am getting too old!!) Interesting 10 things. What do you think you should be doing with your life?

Garden Girl said...

Ive just found your blog, and wanted to let you know how brave and honest you were with your ten items- and how much i agreed with most of them! it's kind of nice to know there are other people out there with the same insecurities as me!