Sunday 6 September 2009

Things I love about my house....Part 1

People seem to have little themes on their blogs, something that happens with some regularity. And I, not being one to be left out, have decided to get in on the act.

Seeing as this is my first home, even if it only rented, I've decided to photograph all the little things that make it the place I want to come back to at the end of every day at work.

This week.....

TINA TEASPOON
The very first TV programme that I watched when I was a small person was Button Moon. I have very very vague recollections of watching it but my family have told me many stories of my extreme excitement whenever it came on telly.

I apparently called it Button Moom.

A while ago my sister got me a Tina Teaspoon and a VHS video of Button Moon which I have unfortunately lost somewhere in the Land of Moving. It's ok though, thanks to You Tube it can be found and enjoyed again. Like all things you watched when you were a child, when you see them as an adult you wonder about your sanity at the time. I mean Button Moon is particularly crap - I wonder what my nephews would make of it now. They've grown up on a diet on Pokemon and sophisticated animations, I think they would be somewhat unimpressed with a spaceship made of a funnel, a baked bean tin and a tuna can.

I love Tina though and when you press her tummy she sings the theme tune, transporting me back to a very young age. And I've also discovered that babies still like her, she was entertaining Sam earlier this week, a very discerning 3 month old who doesn't like just any toy.

If you happen not to know what on earth I'm talking about then feel free to go here. And be amazed!

3 comments:

hgh said...

I was thinking the same thing about TV shows when I was young earlier this week. There was an episode of Trap Door on the V Box that I *had* to watch (erm, and sing the theme, of course) then I switched to Nickelodeon and saw iCarly.
Kid shows were so much better when we were younger!

The Curious Cat said...

I loved Button Moon when I was a kid - I don't really remember it but I liked the song and I remember it often being on in the background! That is so cute that you have a toy! xxx

je_suis_hannah said...

I loved button moon. My mum took me to see the stage show of it at the theatre when I was about 6. Apparetly I was so excited I was sick outside the theatre :)