Sunday 15 March 2009

The big move

And we're in!

I can see now why people say that moving house is one of the most stressful things you can do. I almost killed someone and we didn't even have the stress of buying somewhere.

Living on the first floor is a good thing, security wise and it is a lovely flat but yesterday afternoon I would have done anything to have been on the ground floor or not living in a building that doesn't have a lift.

After spending most of his time reassuring me, my boyfriend ended up being woefully behind on his packing, something which, not being able to control, was sending my stress levels through the roof. My Mum and I decided to go it alone and took a couple of loads in her car but the climbing with the boxes nearly killed both of us. Which is actually something I might want to look at considering that Mum's 63 and I'm 25.

We called a strike at that point and refused to do any more until my boyfriend turned up with the hire van to put the rest of the boxes and my wardrobe in it. Luckily I kept well out of the way whilst the men did the heavy lifting, I just looked on supportively.

But we're in and that's the main thing. Surrounded by boxes, I'm not really sure where to start, I just wandered aimlessly from room to room doing little bits here and there before giving up completely and sitting down.

Our first meal - a lovely pizza from the takeaway conveniently opposite the flat.

So far our first morning has been spent putting up a little nest of tables, I again looked on supportively.

Now I come in to my element as I begin the big project - alphabetizing the DVD collection. Whilst watching Hollyoaks and eating leftover pizza. Because. I. Can.

1 comment:

Disaster in Waiting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.