Friday 8 May 2009

While the cat's away....

....the mice will play.

Or rather. The mice will clean. And clean. And clean.

It's quite sad really. All day at work I've been thinking about it. Everywhere needs dusting, everywhere needs hoovering, things need disinfecting. I should point out that we really don't live in a hovel and it probably isn't really dirty or messy but to me it is. I can see things. Out of the corner of my eye. Bits of dust and muck in places.

The boyfriend is being taken out to dinner by the partners tonight for being good greedy solicitors and making lots of money so I'm on my own. And how do I celebrate? By cleaning.

Saddo.

But am I? As I sit here now in my beautifully clean flat (not just clean, me clean), I feel calm and relaxed and very very happy. I really need to get up and draw the curtains and switch some lights on but I can't be bothered to move. I'll wait until Corrie's over when I'll get up and stick a DVD in.

And what's even better is that the flat will remain nice and clean because my boyfriend isn't going to be in it! (I remain convinced that it's him that makes it messy although I'm not entirely sure how) He's going away for the weekend early doors tomorrow so it will be mine aaaaaall mine. God knows what I'll be doing in here on my own, I'm guessing I'll be bored within a few hours and wish he was here...

No comments: