Friday 26 June 2009

Green Fingers (Part 2)

Remember how excited I was about this little fella?

Look at him now!!
And better than that he now has loads of friends...It's really difficult to count them all but I think I have about 20 little chilli babies all in various stages of gestation.

There's just one small problem...

I don't want to pick them!

I know that I must, I don't want them to die but I just like sitting and looking at Charlie and admiring his...chilliness.

I can't help but feel a little proud of what I've done. Look at him sprout! Look at him bloom! (Actually if he is sprouting and blooming isn't he a she?) I've stood by him and checked if he needed more water and rubbed his little stameny bits (calm down now) to help along the pollination. Just call me a little busy bumble bee substitute.

Now I have to harvest my little babies. I just can't bring myself to do it - that's not what a good mother does surely.

The other problem I'm facing is that I haven't got the tiniest idea what to do with them. I mean I know how to use them, I just don't think it would be wise to cook that many chilli dishes. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be good for our digestive systems...

PS Remember how excited I was about the one pink flower on my nameless plant? Look at how many friends he has now!

Just call me Alan Titchmarsh

4 comments:

Sophie said...

Nice work lady! I am que impressed!

My boss specializes in chilis - seriously - his backyard is FILLED with all different kinds of chili plants and he puts them in everything - sauces, salsas, breads...I've learned that everything is better with a bit of chili in it.

The Curious Cat said...

Maybe you could make some chilli chutney or something you could preserve? Or you could have a chilli night!!! :)

The Curious Cat said...

Hey, check this out:

http://thekitchwitch.blogspot.com/2009/06/bring-heat.html

♥Rosie♥ said...

WOW I'd be excited too that chilli looks huge!! You sure do have green fingers :0)