Wednesday 8 July 2009

Update on the little soldier

We went to see Fred this evening to see how he's getting on.

There doesn't seem to be anything physically wrong with him. Mum was a little worried about his back legs but I gave them a thorough rub down and squeeze and he wasn't in pain. Plus he's walking fine and jumping and stretching so there's nothing the matter there.

Plus he's eating and drinking so I don't think there's any need for him to go to the vets who will always find something to charge you an extortionate amount for.

He's definitely out of sorts though and is more than a little bit unhappy. He seems a bit timid and is jumpy if you make sudden movements. And he's very very sleepy. But I think he's coming round slowly. I sat on the floor playing with Lily and the toy mice and he came over and half heartedly had a little jab at one of them so he's still in there, just a little bit subdued.

We've revised our initial thought that someone had taken him in though. He's lost a huge amount of weight, a lot more than I thought would be possible in just 2 days, so he definitely hasn't been fed. It sounds odd but his coat looks a little dull as well and his eyes aren't as sparky as they usually are. I wondered if he's maybe been chased away by a bigger cat and got lost seeing as he's never been out at night before or been too scared to come home until he maybe heard Mum calling him yesterday night.

I guess we'll never know what happened or where he was but none of that really matters I guess now that he's back safe and (almost) sound.

I do have a photo to upload of him but Blogger is being a PAIN and won't let me upload it. Damn you Blogger!!

Now I must take myself to bed to get a decent night's sleep for the first time all week. First I couldn't sleep because he was missing and last night I was so excited that he'd come back. I'm now ready to drop.

Thank you for all your kind wishes and messages, they've really meant a lot.
EDIT: Aha! If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again and stamp you feet and have a little scream and eventually Blogger will let you upload your photos!
Here's the mister as of yesterday:

1 comment:

♥Rosie♥ said...

I’m just catching up on the news of Fred. Oh my goodness what a trauma it’s been for everyone including Fred. He is such a handsome boy and I’m sure he will soon be back to “normal”.