Tuesday 6 April 2010

Easter and Birthday Review

The celebrations are over for another year and next time my birthday will be all my own (well apart from the billion other people that share it).

I'm not really in a wordy mood at the moment, got a lot going on in my head at the moment which makes it virtually impossible for me to string sentences together. Not sure if this is the place to air those worries or not, that's my next big decision.

BUT ANYWAY.

Easter saw us all down at my sister's for the weekend, all the family together. I always feel a little tense about these things. I don't know why, it's not that we don't all get along, it's just that sometimes I feel like I need to make an extra special effort to make sure everyone's having fun. I don't know why that is really. And I would normally go in to more detail and examine that in more detail, but like I said, head is not in gear right now.

Festivities of the weekend included;

- a trip to the pub (essential)

- a lark about Ashby Castle, which my youngest nephew absolutely loved. He could have spent hours there, running about with his little foam sword. We climbed all the way up to the top of the tower and waved at everybody down below.
- a lot of crocheting. Done a whole 12 squares now. I put them over Rowan the dog to get a feel for how they will look when they're all joined together.

- a little Easter egg hunt on Sunday morning for youngest nephew.
- lots of fun presents for me.

The boyfriend got me DJ Hero, which I've played so much I've given myself cramp in my left hand. We've got Guitar Hero already but I don't love it to be honest, I don't like many of the songs. This bad boy is brilliant though. Not only are the songs good but they're all mashed up together, you can't go wrong!
The boyfriend's parents also got me an amazing present. Some artwork that I've been lusting after for a long time. A metalwork picture of a shoal of fish.

It doesn't photograph brilliantly, I've tried taking loads of photos and none of them really do it justice. It's so beautiful, the colours are just divine and I can't believe they got it for me because it most certainly was not a cheap present.
Things may be a little quiet over here for a bit while I sort things out in my head. Alternatively there might be a post every day as I attempt to purge my brain of all its confusing thoughts. Just consider this a warning :)

6 comments:

Heather said...

I hope you're ok :) *hug*
Your squares are coming on really well aren't they? Told you it's addictive! Devil's craft indeed, pah ;) xxx

Unknown said...

I hate having problems/decisions floating around in my head - they always keep me awake at night (plus, I always end up eating a lorry-load of chocolate).
I hope you manage to get your thoughts organised.

mooncalf said...

Best of luck with the head-sorting!

It's good to see your trip and your presents. I have Beatles Rock Band for the Xbox and I am a big fan.

And your crochet squares are both beautiful and shown to their best advantage draped over Rowan. Nice work!

jane said...

Sorry to hear you have lots on your plate...use this space however you need to sort the head-muddle out. Happy belated birthday and glad you got some presents you like - art is always a great gift!

Diane said...

Hope your head clears soon. You got some fairly decent presents didnt you!!! xxx

P said...

That artwork looks pretty cool!

Hope everything is okay with you? x